Outlook 2010 Basics
Below is your Outlook, separated into 5 different panes, they are:
- Menu Bar
- The Navigation Pane - Here is where your Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Folders and additional accounts sit as well as your Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks tabs.
- Mail Navigation Pane – Here is where your message list will be displayed
- Reading Pane – Where emails are read
- To Do Bar – Where Tasks and a brief overview of your days events.
Calendar and Mail Tabs
1. Mail tab
2. Calendar Tab
New Calendar Appointment or Meeting
- Send button
- Start and End time of the meeting
- Outlook Suggested times. If you have multiple recipients, Outlook will suggest the best time for this meeting so that the most invitees can attend.
Scheduling Assistant (Busy Search)
Clicking the “Scheduling Assistant” button will take you to a view similar to Groupwise’s Busy Search. Here you’ll be able to see when invitees are free or busy to help aid your meeting planning.
Forward as an Attachment
To forward as an attachment, select the email you want to forward and click the “more” button highlighted above. From there there is the option to forward as an attachment.
Out of Office Replies
Go to File – Automatic Replies – From here you will be able to set the auto response for your emails that go inside and outside of the organisation. You can click “Rules” on the bottom left to customise this even further. If you are out of office already, you can set this up in webmail at owa.michener.ca
Adding an Additional Email Account
Go to File – Account Settings – Account Settings – Change – More Settings – “Advanced” tab – Add – Type in the proxy you want to add.
Adding an Additional Calendar
Click the Calendar Tab in the Navigation Pane – Right click “My Calendars” on the left hand side – Add Calendar – From Address book – Search for the Calendar in the Address Book
Granting Access to your Email, Calendar
Go to File – Account Settings – Delegate Access – Add – Click the name you want to add – Choose which permissions you want to grant access to (Calendar, Inbox, Notes)